There are all sorts of ways to be involved at Northshore, here are just a few:
Food Bank: There are several ways you can help support this rapidly growing ministry to the community:
- Adult volunteers are needed to help with distribution 5:00-7:30 Monday evenings as often as your availability allows. Can’t do every Monday? A once a month commitment is just as appreciated!
- Pick up produce and grocery items from another vendor Monday afternoon and deliver it to Northshore for our Monday distribution. Volunteer must have a vehicle large enough to handle 8-10 boxes (pick up, van, SUV or large trunk).
- Operate a food drive through your place of business, organization or group. Our Food Bank operates on the generosity of others and as the program grows, so does the need.
Thanksgiving & Christmas Dinner Baskets: Many families in the community are blessed to receive holiday dinner baskets. Bagging and distribution takes many hands and is a great way to help for those who want to serve but have limited time.
Christmas Store: A highlight of the season when those who utilize our food bank ministry can come and shop for their children; the store has doubled in size over the previous year so more hands in the following areas are needed:
- Setting up the store takes many hours the Sunday before Christmas dinner distribution
- Check in guests and help them shop
- Gift wrap station
Wednesday Evening Dinner: We serve dinner to many of our neighborhood children as well as adults from 5 to 7 pm and need volunteers to prepare, serve the meal and help with light clean up.
Carnival: While this is a Kids Ministry event, it does fall under Community Outreach and is one of our largest events of the year. Open to children of all ages, this fun filled event needs volunteers in these areas:
- Set up – This involves getting the carnival games assembled, prepping candy bags, food prep, and more
- Operating a booth during the event
- Tear down – Same as set up only in reverse!
A fun and safe daycamping adventure for children grades K- 5. Starting June 25, this daycamp experience will have 10 weeks filled with fun activities where volunteer opportunities abound!
- Camp leaders are needed to help facilitate individual camp activities
- Help campers navigate hands on crafts
- Weekly cleaning and reset of auditorium
- Help set up or store away weekly themes
- Take the lead operating check in/check out system
- Chaperone field trips throughout the community once a week
Kids & Youth
From Sunday’s “Discovery Kids” to Wednesday evenings Kids Clubs and Youth programs, we have a place for those with a heart to help kids learn the Good News! volunteer opportunities include:
- Sunday and/or Wednesday preschool and childcare
- Co-lead a Wednesday evening kids club
- Youth staff volunteer
- From fundraisers like bake sales and luncheons to special events, there’s always something going on and a really great way to help out
There are all sorts of special events here at Northshore for men, women and kids alike. From Christmas teas, Summer bar-b-ques and cook offs to kids camps, conventions, Vacation Bible School (VBS), and our annual Carnival during Halloween. We love providing fun and safe events for people of all ages and the need for volunteers in any of these areas.
We rely on an army of volunteers to provide a warm welcome to guests. Opportunities to serve include:
We keep things busy at the Northshore Church campus, so there are always opportunities to help maintain the facility. There are cleaning projects, landscaping and minor repairs to accomplish. Contact our church administrator, Jenni Jensen, for more information.
We are always glad to welcome musicians to the team. If you might like to be part of our worship band or singers, or if you are a singer and would like to be part of our choir, contact Pastor Laurie.