Sunday Evenings, 6:00-7:30, Starting September 17, 2017
Sunday Seminar in Seven Sessions
Join us for a study of marriage, using the book, video, and study guide by Timothy and Kathy Keller.
While the study is certainly for Christian couples, it can be meaningful for everyone, including: skeptics, singles, newly married, longtime married couples, and those about to be engaged.
We will see how understanding marriage helps us know God and understand the Gospel… and how understanding the Gospel is the key to a happy marriage.
Led by Pastor Dan Neary, our evenings will include a short video, discussion, and time to develop friendships.
- September 17: Service: Marriage Isn’t about You (chapters 1 & 2)
- September 24: Covenant: Created to Make Promises (chapters 3 & 5)
- October 1: No Session (enjoy the game)
- October 8: Roles: Loving through Mutual Submission (chapter 6)
- October 15: Singleness: Strengthening the Spiritual Family (chapter 7)
- October 22: Sex: The Act of Covenant Renewal (chapter 8)
- October 29: No Session (CP Annual Business Meeting)
- November 5: Hope: Seeing the Great Horizon (chapter 4)
Childcare is available for those who register.
While reading the book is not necessary, it is highly encouraged. The Meaning of Marriage is available at most booksellers, including Amazon (available here).
Modern culture would have us believe that everyone has a soul mate; that romance is the most important part of a successful marriage; that our spouse is there to help us realize our potential; that marriage does not mean forever, but merely for now; and that starting over after a divorce is the best solution to seemingly intractable marriage issues.
All those modern-day assumptions are, in one word, wrong.